The Wharton undergraduate program is a unique combination of business and liberal arts courses to give students a strong foundation in critical thinking and reasoning. Wharton has 20 concentrations across 11 different academic departments, including a secondary concentration in retail.
Wharton International Program (WIP)
This short-term international business course provides undergraduate students with an amazing global opportunity to visit retailers, listen to lectures at our partner schools, participate in cultural excursions and network with business leaders from the destination countries.
Career Treks offer students a valuable opportunity to meet with retail executives at their corporate offices to gain firsthand knowledge about retail strategies and operations. In addition, C-level executives visit campus regularly to participate in Center activities, such as the Lunchtime and Executive Speaker Series programs. With these events, students learn about the retail business and career pathing while industry leaders have direct access to a pool of talented students, who are also interested in retail-related careers.
Notable Penn Alums In The Retail Industry
- Laura Alber (C’90), President, Chief Executive Officer, Williams-Sonoma
- Jay Baker (W’56), Former President of Kohl’s Corporation
- Roger Farah (W’74), C0-Chief Executive Officer, Tory Burch
- Sam Haddad (WEV’ 93), President, Haddad Brands
- Brendan Hoffman (C’90, WG’97), Chief Executive Officer, Vince
- David R. Jaffe (W’81), President, Chief Executive Officer, Ascena Retail Group Inc.
- William P. Lauder (W’83), Executive Chairman, Chairman of the Board, The Estee Lauder Companies
- Rebecca Matthias (CW’75), Founder, Destination Maternity
- Mark Schwartz (W’79), President, Chief Executive Officer, Paladin Capital Group Inc.